The Importance of Commercial Plumbing Maintenance
Commercial plumbing systems suffer from the same problems as residential plumbing systems. What varies is the magnitude of these problems, the extent of the resulting damage and the cost of repairs. It is therefore, in the best interest of commercial property owners to have their plumbing systems maintained on a regular basis. A clog in the drain system can send water backing up in the lower floors of the building, which will lead to flooding.
The following are some tips to help prevent plumbing problems in commercial buildings:
i) Clean Drains Regularly
During scheduled maintenance, the plumbing company should clean the entire drain system of the building to remove any debris that might have gotten stuck in the drain pipes. This will help prevent drains from clogging.
ii) Check for Leaks
Water leakage is also another common problem affecting commercial plumbing systems. Over time, drain and water supply pipes normally degrade. This may lead to leaking of water or effluent into unprotected surfaces and cause water damage. During maintenance, the condition of pipes, faucets, valves and joints will be checked to ensure they are in good condition.
iii) Check Water Pressure
Water pressure should also be checked to ensure there is no excessive pressure in the system. If the pressure is high, plumbing fixtures will start leaking. If the pressure is too low, some floors may not get any water.
iv) Flush the Water Heater
Tank-based water heaters should also be flushed during the maintenance process and the thermostat re-calibrated to ensure the entire building gets enough hot water. Over time, sediment normally builds up at the bottom of the tank and this may affect the efficiency of the system.
v) Inspect Appliances
During commercial plumbing maintenance, plumbing fixtures should be inspected for damage and aging. Consequently, repairs or replacements should be done to ensure the system performs optimally.
Finding the Right Plumbing Company
When in need of commercial plumbing maintenance services, you should look for a competent plumber to take care of your system. The following are some key factors of consideration when hiring a commercial plumber;
– Licensing: The ideal plumber should have a valid license from local authorities to offer commercial plumbing services.
– Experience: You should choose a plumbing firm that has been in the industry for many years and has specialized in commercial plumbing.
– Reputation: The ideal plumber should be reliable and competent in their work. Be sure to read reviews to learn about their reputation before making a decision.
– Affordable: The pricing structure of the ideal plumber should be affordable and competitive.
– Guarantees: The best plumbers normally offer guarantees, so you should hire a plumber offering a customer satisfaction guarantee.
Westend Plumbing WA provide quality commercial plumbing services to Perth businesses.Contact us today for a free quote.